Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Friday 27 July 2012

KFC - Lynfield.. Double Down time!

It was a beautiful Friday afternoon in Auckland today and having nothing to eat since breakfast, a late lunch was very much needed. Having left work early to attend a funeral, I found my way back to Lynfield where this blog began.

I've noticed quite a bit of advertising on Facebook about the Double Down coming back, but with a difference. Previously, you could only order the original recipe chicken fillet. In this "comeback" you can get new grilled or zinger versions.

Being a fast food pro, I already tried the zinger burger fillet in the original Double Down run. It was fantastic, and proceeded to tell everyone I knew before the promotion had run out. Upon hearing that it would appear as a new "flavour" I was ecstatic and was hoping the official Zinger double down would taste as good as my experimental version a kind KFC Balmoral staff member made for me last year.





Marking Criteria:

Presentation: Two big slabs of crispy chicken with cheese and bacon in the middle. How on earth can you get that wrong? 4.5/5
Taste: As it was a Zinger Double Down, the chicken was crispy and delicious. There were two disappointing factors however. The first - Cheese was not melted well enough, at times it felt like it hadn't been melted at all. The second - No Zinger burger sauce taste! Very disappointing. The fries were as good as ever. (Protip: always ask for extra seasoning). 3/5
Customer Service: The staff member who served us was VERY enthusiastic which was nice to see. However, that's about as good as it gets. Once I placed my order I had to wait over 5 minutes for the food to arrive. This was at a time where I was the only person waiting for food (in particular the DD burger). VERY frustrating. To make matters worse, a staff member left the store to visit someone who I presume are his friends. It was not until he came back that he made the burger and hence the delay. Furthermore, the combo cost $10.90, and I paid $11 in cash. I did not get any change at all. Imagine if they did this throughout the day. Fast food should be fast. I can understand if it was peak hour lunch or dinner traffic, but this was 2.30pm in an empty restaurant. Not happy. 1.5/5
Toilets: I've decided I don't want to look at toilets in the reviews anymore N/A
Value for money: The combo cost $10.90 which is about the going rate for a combo these days. I was still hungry after I finished the meal so it wasn't quite filling for me. I remember after eating the original DD I was very full so keep that in mind when choosing which flavour to purchase. 2.5/5

Quote of the day: A big burly man who resembled a member of a South Auckland gang walked in and asked for "2 mouse cheesecakes". Not wanting to get a hiding, I LOL'd inside.

Overall: Customer service let this experience down. If it wasn't for the burger itself the score would have been a lot lower. 11.5/20.


Fast Food Leaderboard:
1. Sals - Auckland City - 14
2. Wendy's - Lynfield - 13
3. KFC - Lynfield - 11.5

Do you know of a fast food joint or restaurant that needs a review? Post a comment below or tweet me @Kyle_Maskell 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

review kfc porirua-worst service and food ever

Anonymous said...

its fast food. its meant to suck :)

Post a Comment