Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Wendy's - Lynfield

It was a lovely sunny Sunday afternoon in Auckland, time for the perfect romantic lunch right? Perhaps head to the Viaduct, or maybe check out one of the newish places at Wynyard Quarter?

Nope.

If you want a true food baby, you have to do it the proper way.

Wendy's - Lynfield.


To be honest it was quite a difficult decision. There are a few fast food restaurants around here including KFC and Pizza Hutt. It just so happened that I downloaded the Wendy's app on my phone, and it had a free Wild Berry shake which was the deciding factor (Note to other food places, Smartphone app + free offers = win).

Food:

Not being the biggest fan of Avocado, I had to turn down the Warriors burger (Sorry Lewi Brown, your ad was very convincing though..) and opt for the $5.00 Premo value meal which consisted of a chicken burger, chips, drink and frosty/sundae. Of course, this wouldn't be enough so I ordered a bacon cheeseburger as well ($3).

Steph magically decided to order my perennial favourite, the No. 6 aka Spicy Chicken burger combo ($9.90) No persuasion was needed...


Marking Criteria:

Presentation: Quite good presentation I thought. The cheeseburger was slightly squashed but the other burgers looked great. Especially the Spicy Chicken. 3/5
Taste: Quite disappointing. The chicken tasted OK, definitely nothing special and nothing my George Forman Grill couldn't produce. Steph's tomatos (or toe-may-toes as she calls it) were soggy I walked away still feeling hungry, although these are smaller burgers so have to take that into account. 2.5/5
Customer Service: Being a man, I was able to decide quite quickly what I wanted. Steph on the other hand....(insert subtle spicy chicken burger persuasion here). Despite this, the attendant at the counter was helpful - standard. Tables seemed to be cleared reasonably fast too. 3.5/5
Toilets: Not sure. I didn't want to go in as I saw a group of three big dodgy looking islanders walk in. I'd rather have brown eyes, not black ones. N/A
Value for money: Good. For $18 you could do much, much worse. 4/5

Overall: 13/20



View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment