Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Friday 10 August 2012

Sumo Sushi - Auckland City

Sushi is quite a popular choice for the health conscious eater, so I decided I should review the favourite sushi restaurant among the colleagues at work. Sumo Sushi at Albert St.



View Larger Map
Luckily the work team decided to go there for lunch, so off we went at 11.30. Having visited this place numerous times I can assure you it is a local favourite as the place is generally packed with queues, but seeing as we went a bit earlier we were the only ones there. Perfect.


I often choose the big "lunch box" for $13.50 but thought I would give something else a go. I decided upon the Spicy Chicken Teriyaki which consisted of 8 pieces of sushi for $7.50. One issue about sushi that disappoints me is the fact it doesn't fill me up. I am generally still starving after a pack of 6 or 8 sushi pieces. As a result I took a proactive approach and also purchased a chicken sushi onigiri (a bigger triangle piece) for $2.50.


Marking Criteria:

Presentation: The box of 8 sushi was as you would expect. However, the chopsticks did not split in the middle and this was determinately not user error! Also, one of the sushi pieces was horrendously bad - everything fell out. On the upside, a collegue had pointed out the nice smiley face they made on the onigiri :)
2.5/5
Taste:  The spicy chicken was simply delicious! I could easily eat this every day. The onigiri was a touch mushy but I was still overall very happy. 4/5
Customer Service: We really only had one interaction with the staff at Sumo Sushi. The lady at the till was pleasant enough but not overtly friendly. Very standard and machine like. A nice smile and have a nice day would boost things considerably - especially as this was not rush hour. 2/5
Value for money: After finishing the meal, I was actually quite full. Compared to other fast food I feel for $10 it was excellent value for money. 4/5

Overall: 12.5/20. The sushi is great - if they payed more attention to the customer service they would be at the top of the leaderboard.

Fast Food Leaderboard:
1. Sals - Auckland City - 14
2. Wendy's - Lynfield - 13
3. Sumo Sushi - Albert St (Auckland City) - 12.5
3. KFC - Lynfield - 11.5

Do you know of a fast food joint or restaurant that needs a review? Post a comment below or tweet me @Kyle_Maskell 

0 comments:

Post a Comment